|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
Conjuring, channeling, harnessing Sith magic
- "When I wish to read the ancient Sith writings…I wear this."
- ―King Ommin, describing one of his Sith amulets
A Sith amulet, sometimes known as a Sith talisman, was a powerful Sith artifact used to amplify the effects of Sith magic. Sith amulets resembled jewelry, and were usually worn around the neck or hand in a medallion or gauntlet style respectively. These "baubles" were used by Sith Lords to channel immense dark side power.
- "The Sith Lords use it for focusing their powers somehow—"
- ―Jori Daragon
Sith amulets could grant the wielder the ability to read and understand ancient Sith text, which was how Satal Keto learned to read the Sith magic book he stole. In combat, Sith amulets were capable of channeling dark side power into beams of lethal energy to be blasted outwards from the wielder's hand. Some amulets were protective, such as the Gauntlet of Kressh the Younger, or talismans which could repel weapons fire, Force effects, or even lightsabers depending on the focus and strength of the wearer.  The Sith amulet of Lord Rin Shuuir could be used to heal grave wounds. Sith amulets could generate images like a holoprojector; Gav Daragon once used an amulet given to him by Dark Lord Naga Sadow to record a message with Force-projected images for his sister Jori, and Exar Kun applied this ability to show his group of Jedi defectors a Force-projected image of how Kun destroyed Freedon Nadd.
An amulet belonging to the Dark Lord Kaan ended up being integrated into the glove of the later Dark Lord Darth Vader. The Amulet of Kalara was another Sith amulet, found by Jedi Knight Ben Skywalker, whose powers and abilities were unknown.
- "See for yourself. This ancient Jedi amulet tells all."
- ―Exar Kun, lying about his Sith amulet
Sith amulets were popular during the days of the Sith Empire. Ancient Sith Lords such as Ludo Kressh and Naga Sadow owned and wore Sith amulets to amplify their power. Another ancient Sith Lord named Karness Muur, created his own unique amulet, called the Muur Talisman.
King Ommin of Onderon owned numerous Sith amulets, one of which he wore occasionally around his neck. In 3998 BBY, Ommin gifted another of his amulets to the future Krath leader Satal Keto, which was later acquired by the then- Dark Jedi Ulic Qel-Droma. Exar Kun also acquired Naga Sadow's ancient amulet from the spirit of Freedon Nadd. When he deemed his training complete under Nadd, Exar Kun used the amulet to vanquish the Dark Lord's spirit, as well as the ancient abominable dark side monsters inhabiting the Massassi temples on Yavin 4. It was later discovered that the amulet in the possession of Exar Kun was the mate of Ulic-Droma's. Thus, while the pair dueled in the Krath's Iron Citadel, their amulets recognized each other and sprang to life. Spirits of ancient Sith Lords suddenly appeared, among whom was the spectre of the Dark Lord Marka Ragnos, who declared Kun and Qel-Droma the harbingers of a new Sith-ruled empire.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire
- Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising 1 (First mentioned)
- Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising 2: Initiates of the Sith (First appearance)
- Tales of the Jedi audio drama
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith audio drama
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 4: Death of a Dark Jedi
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 5: Sith Secrets
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 6: Jedi Assault
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Vector
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil
- A Dark Fortress
- Star Wars: Dark Times: Vector
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Vector
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Glove of Darth Vader
- Light and Dark
- Legacy of the Force: Exile
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- Star Wars: Legacy: Vector
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith (audio)
- ↑ The Dark Side Sourcebook
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi Companion
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War 1: Edge of the Whirlwind
- ↑ The Glove of Darth Vader
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Exile
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Vector
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith