A Sith cult or Sith sect was a cult that would praise, and often practice, the teachings of the Sith philosophy. Some Sith cults would also worship one or more specific ancient Sith Lords and practice his or her teachings, sometimes even with the goal of resurrecting the ancient Sith Lord. Some cults would also involve a degree of fetishism as they were in possession of items that once belonged to the Sith Lord in question and treated them as relics and sometimes even instruments to gain power.
As with many other types of cults around the galaxy, Sith cults were often led by one (sometimes more than one) charismatic individual that was strong in the dark side of the Force to inspire faith—often accompanied by fear—in his or her followers. However not all Sith cults were Force users, the Cult of Exar Kun being an example of Sith-worshiping non-Force-sensitives.
Sith cults were usually secretive, and not many were known.
Tavion Axmis's Disciples of Ragnos wreaked havoc around the galaxy until they were destroyed by Kyle Katarn's apprentice Jaden Korr and other Jedi from Luke Skywalker's Jedi Praxeum. The sinister Prophets of the Dark Side and the splinter Church of the Dark Side showed many Sith cult characteristics.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Freedon Nadd Uprising
- Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith
- Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Darth Plagueis (Indirect mention only)
- Jedi Apprentice Special Edition: The Followers
- Coruscani Dawn
- Echoes of the Jedi
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Lords of the Expanse
- Evil Never Dies: The Sith Dynasties
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Unknown Regions
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side