- "The desperate Sith, leaving their collective destiny to chance, chose to forgo all known hyperspace routes and attempt a series of dangerously random hyperspace jumps and blind scouting missions. For 20 years the Sith armada drifted aimlessly in the forgotten regions of space before finally rediscovering the Dromund system."
- ―A dossier on Dromund Kaas
During the Galactic Republic's attempts to wipe out the remnants of the Sith Empire in the aftermath of the Great Hyperspace War, a number of Sith fled the Sith Worlds in a mass exodus led by the Sith Lord Vitiate. The exodus allowed for the survival of the Sith species and the birth of a new Sith Empire. However, Vitiate had in fact known the location of Dromund Kaas, a lost colony of the old Empire, the entire time, and the true purpose of the twenty-year exodus was to build his people's devotion to him and make them dependent upon his wisdom and guidance.
- The Old Republic: Revan (Mentioned only)
- Timeline 11: Rebirth of the Sith Empire
- Timeline 12: The Great Hyperspace War
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Codex entry)
- The Essential Atlas (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia