- "Perhaps your way lies with the Sith... and the heart of their darkness. To recognize what strength is, and bring that strength to those that follow you... and those that defy you. The way of a Sith Lord."
Revan's Sith Empire granted this title to its high ranking members, with the Dark Lord of the Sith as the most powerful and their leader, however, the majority of the dark sided users were known as Dark Jedi.
Those who aspired to become a Sith Lord had to train at the Korriban's Sith Academy and pass several brutal trials that would test their prowess and strength in the dark side, if they succeeded, they were admitted in the Order as a new Sith Lord.
The New Sith Empire under Darth Ruin was in power during the Dark Ages of the Jedi. Sith Lords then stalked the galaxy, until the organization eventually fell to infighting, and broke into individual Sith Lords.
Lord Kaan's The Brotherhood of Darkness gave all Sith Lords nominal equal status among the Sith. This strategy was created to prevent the Sith from killing each other, which had been the natural order of the dark side up until the formation of the Brotherhood.
At the end of the first war between the Jedi and Sith, Bane saw this as a violation of the natural order of the Sith and cleansed the Order by destroying Lord Kaan's Brotherhood and supplanting it with his own Rule of Two; two Sith, one master to embody the power and one to crave it. In most cases, the apprentice was trained until he or she was strong enough in the Force to kill his or her master.
After the Galactic Civil War, Darth Krayt abandoned the Rule of Two to rebuild the Sith, thus multiplying the population of the Sith Lords hugely, all under the rule of Darth Krayt. They then attacked the Empire after the Sith–Imperial War and ruled the galaxy.
Originally, "Sith Lord" referred to a high-ranking member of the Sith race's society. As the Sith civilization progressed, many claimed the title and battled against each other to earn the superior title of Sith'ari: the Sith Overlord; Adas and Dathka Graush were such Overlords.
Behind the scenes
In Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, the Sith Lord is one of the six prestige character classes which the player character can select after reaching Level 15, if he or she is leaning toward the dark side.serving as the force-centered specialization.
- Jedi Academy: Return of the Padawan (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars: The Quest for R2-D2 game
- LEGO Star Wars: The Quest for R2-D2 film
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles video game
- LEGO Star Wars: Revenge of the Brick
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- LEGO Star Wars: Bombad Bounty
- Star Wars: Visions of the Blade
- LEGO Star Wars: The Han Solo Affair
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel
- ↑ Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back novel
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith 2: Funeral for a Dark Lord
- ↑ The Old Republic: Revan
- ↑ Tales of the Jedi: Dark Lords of the Sith 4: Death of a Dark Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- ↑ Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Darth Bane: Path of Destruction
- ↑ Star Wars 88: Figurehead
- ↑ Lost Tribe of the Sith: Precipice
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Legacy: Broken
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ Dark Empire
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth