- "Although the Force can be used to create terrifying illusions, it is sometimes more satisfying to create actual creatures that are willing and eager to shred and devour one's enemies on command."
Sithspawn were creatures altered by Sith alchemy for use by the Sith Order. Using genetic engineering together with the dark side of the Force, Sithspawn were remade to be more brutal, more cunning, and, in some cases, more intelligent.
Notable Sithspawn included the Massassi caste of the Sith species, Exar Kun's Terentatek monsters and Battle hydras, the reborn Emperor Palpatine's Chrysalide rancors, Leviathans, Swamp wampa, mutated Noghri, Smoke Demons, Dart flowers, the two Dark Jedi Gorc and Pic, and, believed to be the worst Sith abominations, Technobeasts.
"Sithspawn" was also a curse originating from Corellia.
- Dark Empire endnotes
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- Ultimate Adversaries
- "Heritage of the Sith"—Star Wars Insider 88
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- Jedi Academy Training Manual
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia