- "The Techno Union owns everything on this planet."
- ―Wat Tambor
Skako Minor, also referred to simply as Skako, was a planet located in the galaxy's Core Worlds that was the homeworld of the Skakoan and Poletec species. It was controlled by the Techno Union, whose headquarters was the city of Purkell, and homeworld of Wat Tambor, foreman of the aforementioned commerce guild and member of the Separatist Council. Despite the Techno Union's ostensible neutrality, Skako Minor was captured by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars, and its successor, the Galactic Empire, maintained the occupation into the Galactic Civil War.
Located in the galaxy's Core Worlds, in grid square L-9 on the Standard Galactic Grid, the planet Skako Minor sat between Brentaal and Fedalle on the Hydian Way hyperspace route. A temperate world, its misty surface featured canyons, mountains, caverns, craters, and fungal forests. It had an atmosphere of hydrogen sulphide, which had a unique pressure.
Skako was also the homeworld of the sentient Skakoan species, and its atmospheric pressure required them to wear pressure suits to survive off-world; otherwise, they would explode when exposed to standard oxygen-based atmospheres. Wat Tambor, the foreman of the Techno Union during the final years of the Republic, was a male Skakoan from this world.
The Techno Union built their headquarters, the city of Purkell, on Skako Minor, nearby a Poletec village. It was also the location of a Techno Union cache, which served as the personal workshop of Wat Tambor and was treated as a holy site by the Skakoan people.
Behind the scenesEdit
Skako was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon in a featurette included in Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One, a box set available on Blu-ray or DVD that included the entire first season of the canon animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars that was released on November 3, 2009. It was originally created for Cloak of Deception, a Star Wars Legends novel written by James Luceno that was released on May 29, 2001.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Bad Batch" (Mentioned only) (First identified as Skako Minor)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "On the Wings of Keeradaks"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Doctor Aphra 15: Remastered, Part II
- Doctor Aphra 16: Remastered, Part III
- Doctor Aphra 18: Remastered, Part V (Mentioned only) (as Skako)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Distant Echo"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 Doctor Aphra 15: Remastered, Part II
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "On the Wings of Keeradaks"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One—Featurette: "Liberty on Ryloth"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One
- ↑ Cloak of Deception