The skeleton was the internal structure that supported and protected the soft parts of an animal's body. In many cases, that skeleton was made of rigid bones. That of the Gungans, however, was much more flexible because it was made of of cartilaginous material. In some case, the protective and supporting structure of a creature covered the outside of its body, in which case it was referred to as an exoskeleton. Metaphorically speaking, a skeleton crew was the minimum number of personnel needed to operate a starship.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Weapons Factory"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brothers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Sunny Day in the Void"
- Lords of the Sith
- Thrawn (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: A New Hope (paperback novel)
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Princess Leia, Part III (Appears on datascreen)
- Star Wars 22: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 23: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 4: Book I, Part IV
- Doctor Aphra 5: Book I, Part V
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side! (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Aftermath: Empire's End (Mentioned only)
- Skeleton on Wikipedia