Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "So this is the experimental glider... it'll be just like Beggars Canyon back home!"
- ―Luke Skywalker
The hang glider, also known as the sky-glider, was an invention of the Ewoks, a primitive species who learned to use their natural resources to manufacture a wide range of tools. The hang glider featured among their many inventions, which also included catapults, numerous handheld weapons, expansive tree villages, and a variety of traps.
An Ewok would begin constructing a hang glider by stalking and killing a number of large animals. These creatures were skinned and their pelts stretched and dried until they formed a durable leather. The skins were then sewn together and connected to a simple skeletal framework which was made of a special strong, light wood.
Originally, the hang gliders may have been used simply to transport Ewoks across the forests. Eventually, they began carrying rocks, spears, and slings for use in hunting small creatures from above. The Ewoks soon realized that these same weapons could also be used in defense against towering monsters such as the Gorax. Furthermore, with the Wisties guiding the Ewoks around dangerous convection currents, the Ewoks were able to use the gliders to suppress a forest fire by airdropping Master Logray's magic foam.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only) (As "sky-glider")
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- LEGO Star Wars: Microfighters video game (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (Non-canonical appearance) (Endor downloadable content)
- Ewoks 3: Flight to Danger
- Ewoks 14: King for a Day
- The Adventures of Teebo: A Tale of Magic and Suspense
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Cries of the Trees"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Asha"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Crystal Cloak"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"The Raich"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—"Bringing Up Norky"
- Star Wars: Ewoks—Shadows of Endor
- Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
- Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
- Star Wars: Force Commander
- Ewok Village
- Star Wars: Yoda Stories
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- The Ewoks Join the Fight
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (video game)
- "Problem Solvers"—Star Wars Tales 20 (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi toy line
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt (Picture only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Endor Limited (Card: Ewok Glider)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 94 (EWO1-2, Ewok Hang Glider)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Warriors of Endor"—Star Wars Insider 110
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (as "Hang Glider")
- (as "hang-glider")