- "Have I ever not delivered for you before?"
- ―Han Solo and the boarding parties
Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, during the conflict between the First Order and the Resistance, a skirmish occurred in the Western Reaches aboard the Eravana, a freighter belonging to the smuggling duo of Han Solo and Chewbacca.
Shortly before the skirmish Han Solo and Chewbacca managed to recover their lost starship, the Millennium Falcon, which the First Order fugitives Finn and Rey had escaped from the planet Jakku on. Their joy was short-lived however, as parties of the Guavian Death Gang and Kanjiklub boarded the freighter to collect the debts owed to them by Solo. While Han tried to talk the boarding parties down, Rey accidentally released a trio of vicious rathtars from the cargo hold. The rathtars stormed through the freighter, killing several gangsters and giving Han, Chewbacca and the fugitives a chance to escape on-board the Falcon. Launching away from the freighter at lightspeed, they managed to escape the freighter and kill a rathtar that had attached itself over the cockpit.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part II
- The Force Awakens, Part III
- Han & Chewie Return!