- "Throwing in with pirates now? Oh how the mighty Sith have fallen."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi
During the Clone Wars, a skirmish took place on the Outer Rim world of Florrum between the pirate forces of Hondo Ohnaka, aided by the Jedi Order, and renegade pirate forces under the command of the Nightbrothers Darth Maul and Savage Opress. The two Nightbrothers had traveled to Florrum in order to begin building a criminal syndicate, and they promised wealth and power to any pirates who betrayed Ohnaka and joined them. Ohnaka himself refused to surrender, leading the brothers to lay siege to his pirate compound.
The pirates were soon aided by Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Adi Gallia, both members of the Jedi Council, who had been tracking Maul and Opress throughout the Outer Rim. They joined the loyalist pirate forces in battle against Maul and Opress, and Gallia was slain in combat against Opress. Kenobi and Ohnaka's forces retreated and lured the renegades into a trap, forcing them to surrender and reunite with the rest of the gang. Kenobi fought off the two Sith brothers, and Maul and Opress eventually fled.
After the events of Florrum, the badly injured Maul and Opress were discovered by Death Watch, a splinter faction from Mandalore, and together they formed the criminal syndicate known as the Shadow Collective, completing the goal that Maul and Opress set out to accomplish on Florrum.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence" (Appears in flashback(s))
- "Kindred Spirits"—Star Wars Insider 159 (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded (Indirect mention only)