- "Force healing hasn't worked. One voice can't rise above a thousand."
- ―Ren summarizes trying to prevent Killik joining.
Skohani Ren was a Togruta male who had joined the Jedi Order and obtained the rank of Jedi Master by the time the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire began. During the war Ren was stationed on the planet Alderaan, where he attempted to help a noble of the Great House of Organa who was being joined to the Killik species. Ren alone was not strong enough to help fight off the joining process, and he enlisted the help of an individual aligned with the Republic to distract the Killiks by attacking their nearby forces. The individual did as they were asked, and the resultant distraction was enough for Ren to help purge the noble's mind of the Killik influence and stop the joining process.
- "This man is in the process of being joined to the Killiks. I've tried everything, but he's beyond my power."
- ―Ren explains his patient's situation.
Skohani Ren was a Force-sensitive Togruta who had become part of the Jedi Order and been trained in the ways of the Force, reaching the rank of Jedi Master by the time the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire took place. In the year 3643 BBY, Ren was stationed on the planet Alderaan where the Alderaan Civil War was being fought amongst the planet's many noble houses. Whilst in the Apalis Coast region of the planet, he encountered a noble from the Great House of Organa—a house allied with the Republic and the Jedi—at the Republic base named Wardpost Duvaal. The noble was in the process of being joined to the Killik species due to long term exposure to their pheromones, a process which would make him a drone who served them at the expense of his own feelings and memories. Ren attempted to help the noble fight off the joining process by purging his mind, but could not manage it alone against the many voices of the Killiks that were affecting the noble's mind.
Whilst Ren was trying to help the noble he was approached by a Republic aligned individual whom the Jedi asked to help him. He requested that the individuals attack nearby Killiks and Killik egg clusters in an attempt to distract the species hive mind from the noble. It was Ren's hope that with the Killiks distracted he could more successfully attempt to help the noble fight off being joined to the Killiks. The individual agreed and attacked Killik egg clusters and forces located near to Wardpost Duvaal in the ruins of the Mensaav Laboratory. As they did so the noble managed to successfully fight off becoming a joiner with Ren's help and began recovering slowly. When the individual returned to Duvaal Ren, he thanked and rewarded them for their efforts with equipment and 2045.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "If the hive was distracted, maybe I could repel them. A surprise attack or raid...but I can't leave him."
- ―Ren comes up with a plan to help the noble.
Skohani Ren was a male Togruta with primarily Red skin and red eyes. When he discovered the imperilled noble on Alderaan Ren did everything he could to save him, and when he couldn't help alone he refused to leave the man and paid another to aid him.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "That's it, then. Within days, he'll be a full Joiner. Another drone."
- ―Ren's dialogue if players refuse his quest.
Skohani Ren first appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a MMORPG released in 2011 by BioWare. Ren is the start and end point for the optional quest "From the Brink of Death" for player characters in the Republic faction and gives different reward items for quest completion dependent on the player's class. This articles assumes that players did complete the quest as to obtain 100% game completion.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Republic Mission: "From the Brink" on Alderaan
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.