Slashrats were rodent-like predators native to Bimmiel.
They hunted in packs and had powerful olfactory senses. Whenever a slashrat had made a kill, the pack would unleash a combination of sweat and pheromones called killscent. When a slashrat was killed, its corpse would release a different scent called stink, which would warn away other slashrats. Killscent would attract slashrats from miles away, sometimes from multiple packs, forming an inescapable zone called a killball. One strategy for escaping slashrats was to distract them with a killball, since they would ignore all other prey. Ganner Rhysode and Corran Horn fought slashrats when they were on Bimmiel. They also spread killscent all over a Yuuzhan Vong camp so that the slashrats would attack.
- Dawn of the Jedi: The Prisoner of Bogan 3 (Mutated)
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Ylesia (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
- Legacy 28: Vector, Part 9 (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Alien Anthology
- "The New Jedi Order in 100 Easy Lessons"—Star Wars Insider 74