- "He must have put a homing device on our hull during the fight... We'll fix it! Hang on, son! We'll move into the asteroid field. He won't be able to follow us there. If he does, we'll leave him a couple of surprises."
- ―Jango Fett
Slave I was a modified Firespray-31-class patrol and attack craft used by the infamous bounty hunter Jango Fett before the Clone Wars and later his unaltered cloned "son" Boba Fett just prior to the Fall of the Republic and during the reign of the Galactic Empire. The ship in its original form was produced by a subsidiary company of Kuat Drive Yards, based on the planet Kuat.
Jango Fett outfitted the craft with a number of weapons, including laser cannons, projectile launchers, and seismic charges. While under Jango's ownership, the ship was in a dogfight over Geonosis with the Jedi starfighter piloted by Obi-Wan Kenobi.
After Jango's death during the Battle of Geonosis, the craft came into the possession of his son, Boba Fett, who used it throughout his own bounty hunting career. After several failed attempts to kill Jedi Master Mace Windu, the young Boba Fett, his ally turned mentor Aurra Sing, and Bossk traveled to the planet Florrum to meet with Sing's friend, spice pirate Hondo Ohnaka.
After the arrival of the Jedi Ahsoka Tano and Plo Koon, Fett and Bossk were captured. When Sing tried to escape on Slave I, Tano leaped onto the ships hull and sliced off a wing with her lightsaber. After this, Sing lost control of the ship and it crashed. Ohnaka took ownership of Slave I for a short period of time, before it returned to Boba's ownership near the end of the Clone Wars.
The ship became well-known to the galaxy's fugitives, who recognized it as the ship owned by one of the galaxy's deadliest bounty hunters. During the Galactic Civil War, the adult Boba used Slave I to transport a carbon-frozen Han Solo from Cloud City to Jabba the Hutt on Tatooine. Originally, it had a blue base instead of the dark red, this was then changed when it came into Ohnaka's possession.
Behind the scenesEdit
Slave I appears on the Takodana map of Star Wars Battlefront II, partially concealed by tarps, in a location near the castle of Maz Kanata. It can be identified by the characteristic blast markings that can be seen on the outside of the ship, setting it apart from other models of the Firespray-31.
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Dark Disciple
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars 6: Skywalker Strikes, Part VI
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization
- Captured on Cloud City
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Indirect mention only)
- Rescue from Jabba's Palace
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Exit from Endor" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Flight of the Falcon" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Ultimate Collector's Series (Set: 75060 Slave I)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Star Pilot
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ; image #2 (of 9)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lethal Trackdown"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Dark Disciple
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ 12.0 12.1
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap"
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 Star Wars Battlefront II
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront
- Slave I on Wikipedia