Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The slaving collar was designed to keep prisoners and slaves in line. The collar consisted of a neck brace that was often linked to chains or cables. It sometimes featured shock panels to shock an unruly captive, in which case it was referred to as a shock collar. Some types of slave collars would also be designed to explode if one attempted to improperly remove it, or be detonated by transmiter if the slave attempted to escape.
At the time of the Galactic Civil War, captured Wookiees were usually forced into chain groups with a slaving collar around their necks by Trandoshan slavers. Usually the lowest ranking member of the slaver patrol had to place these collars around the Wookiees' necks — a very dangerous job.
In 4 ABY, Princess Leia Organa endured the humiliation of the slave collar while being held captive by Jabba the Hutt. Jaina Solo, Leia's daughter, was also forced to wear one for a short time during the Yuuzhan Vong War.
- The Old Republic: Revan
- Red Harvest
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dark Rival
- Episode I Adventures 2: The Bartokk Assassins
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Academy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Slaves of the Republic"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Escape from Kadavo"
- Han Solo's Revenge (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- A Time to Mourn, a Time to Dance: Oola's Tale
- (As "containment collar")
- The New Jedi Order: The Final Prophecy
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook (As "slave collar")
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology