- "I can't decrypt it. I'm not a slicer. Kidnap one of those next time."
- ―Zaluna Myder
A "slicer" was an individual who specialized in slicing into computer systems and programs, and breaking encryption.
- "So they brought a slicer. I knew there was someone else."
- ―Count Vidian
Nine months after the Battle of Geonosis, scientists working for Separatist leader Count Dooku successfully sliced into the Republic HoloNet by seeding the spaceways with hyperwave transceiver nodes of a novel design. Dooku used this access to the HoloNet to broadcast propaganda Shadowfeeds.
Eight years after the rise of the Galactic Empire, on the planet Gorse the explosives expert Skelly built all his computers from kits so that they were safe from slicing while he gathered evidence that the Empire's continued mining on Gorse's moon Cynda would result the moon being torn apart. Zaluna Myder, a shift leader for the surveillance company Transcept Media Solutions on Gorse, was capable of slicing into various Imperial systems. When Myder joined Skelly, Kanan Jarrus, and Hera Syndulla on a mission to stop Count Denetrius Vidian's plan to destroy Cynda, she was able to slice into surveillance and communications systems and carried devices that helped her do so. However, when they had the opportunity to explore files downloaded from Vidian's cybernetically enhanced brain, Myder was unable to decrypt one of the files, claiming she was not a slicer. When confronted by Vidian, Myder's equipment fell out of her bag, leading the Count to believe she was indeed a slicer.
- Tarkin (Mentioned only)
- A New Dawn (First appearance)
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- Heir to the Jedi
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Shattered Empire, Part III
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- The Perfect Weapon