A slugthrower pistol was a weapon that fired metal bullets, also called "slugs", instead of the energy bolts normally fired out of a blaster. It was a smaller, handheld version of the slugthrower rifle. Slugthrowers were mostly found on backwater fringe worlds where blasters were not commonly found. Their ammunition consisted of a magazine that held 10 slugs. Each magazine cost 20 credits and weighed 0.1 kg.
A standard model of slugthrower pistol was the Striker projectile pistol manufactured by Oriolanis Defense Systems, and a slightly larger model was the heavy slugthrower pistol. Other variants of slugthrower pistols included the Czerka Adjudicator, the air pistol, the Dissuader KD-30 slugthrower pistol, the Blaster Buster, the Enforcer pistol, and the black-powder pistol. Another variant was the Tof Soren Slugthrower Pistol.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology (As "Slug Pistol," "slug throwing pistol")
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook
- "Ord Vaxal: Prison Planet of the Empire"—Polyhedron 165
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- The Unknown Regions
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Game Master's Kit
- Suns of Fortune