Smoke grenades were a type of grenade that released clouds of thick smoke to obscure the vision of enemies.
Smoke grenades (called "smokers" in military jargon) released a cloud of obscuring smoke that lasted for one minute. They had a variety of uses, such as creating smoke signals for landing zones, aerial attacks, or evacuation. They were also used to block the sight of enemy forces or to create chaos in a crowd. The BlasTech Nacht-5 smoke grenades used by the Rebel Alliance were modified to release colored smoke, such as red, green, or blue. Smoke grenades could either be thrown or launched from a grenade launcher.
A smoke grenade was carried by Loodux, a Rodian assassin that was hired to kill Tsillog, a Quarren ambassador. He planned to use it to create chaos among the assembled crowd, at which point he would line up his shot to kill the ambassador. However, Loodux's assassination attempt failed and he was defeated by a group of agents.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: The Moment of Truth
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception"
- "Mandalorian Memories"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.41
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Soft War"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Secrets of the Jedi
- "When the Domino Falls"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Star Wars: Droids Special (First appearance)
- Tatooine Manhunt
- Star Wars: Yoda Stories (Non-canonical appearance)
- "The Kaal Connection"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- Crisis of Faith
- Specter of the Past
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles, Second Edition
- "Blasters for Hire"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- "Stand and Deliver"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Galaxy at War
- Galaxy of Intrigue