Snakes (also called serpents) were creatures with a cylindrical, limbless body, a forked tongue that allowed them to smell, sharp fangs, and slitted eyes. They could grow as long as three meters and become as thick as the arm of a Kiffar. Snakes moved smoothly over surfaces with a distinctive twisting motion. When angered, they started hissing and thrashing. Some snakes were venomous, and their bites were painful. The Anacondans were a race of sentient, snakelike beings.
The swamp-covered planet Dagobah was home to at least one species of snake, the vine snake. Some small specimens resided in Yoda's hut; one such creature startled Luke Skywalker while he was preparing to leave Dagobah to rescue Han Solo and Leia Organa. Skywalker also encountered a snake on Rodia when he opened the door to Huulik's mausoleum. Black snakes could be found on Dathomir, and Moraband was home to a giant Sith serpent that, on closer inspection, was made of hundreds of smaller snakes.
During her time as a bounty hunter, the Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress wore shoulder plates that bore an illustration of a twisted, black snake. At one point, Ventress also wore a neckless crafted to look like a snake.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty" (As emblem)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- Dark Disciple
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Nest (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 15: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi
- Heir to the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- "All Creatures Great and Small" (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Snake on Wikipedia