Snakes (also called serpents) were creatures with a cylindrical, limbless body, a forked tongue that allowed them to smell, sharp fangs, and slitted eyes. They could grow as long as three meters and become as thick as the arm of a Kiffar. Snakes moved smoothly over surfaces with a distinctive twisting motion. When angered, they started hissing and thrashing. Some snakes were venomous, and their bites were painful. The Anacondans were a race of sentient, snakelike beings.
The swamp-covered planet Dagobah was home to at least one species of snake, the vine snake. Some small specimens resided in Yoda's hut; one such creature startled Luke Skywalker while he was preparing to leave Dagobah to rescue Han Solo and Leia Organa. The swamps of Rodia were home to countless varieties of snakes; Skywalker notably encountered one when he opened the door to Huulik's mausoleum. Black snakes could be found on Dathomir, and Moraband was home to a giant Sith serpent that, on closer inspection, was made of hundreds of smaller snakes.
During her time as a bounty hunter, the Dark Jedi Asajj Ventress wore shoulder plates that bore an illustration of a twisted, black snake. At one point, Ventress also wore a neckless crafted to look like a snake.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty" (As emblem)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Soft War" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- Dark Disciple
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Escape
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Nest (Mentioned only)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Dark (Mentioned only)
- Lost Stars (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 15: From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi
- Heir to the Jedi
- Star Wars 21: The Last Flight of the Harbinger, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- "Blade Squadron: Kuat"—Star Wars Insider 168 (Mentioned only)
- Bloodline (Mentioned only)
- "All Creatures Great and Small" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit
- Snake on Wikipedia