- "That local rabble weren't the brightest lightsabers in the galaxy. Some of them ran off though, so I bet they'll be back with a bigger force eventually."
- ―Saponza reflects on the attacks
A group of mercenaries attempted to carry out a sneak attack on the homestead occupied by the mercenary Saponza and his partner's gang. The gang were informed by their allies of the attack before it commenced, and so were able to defeat the attackers.
A gang of mercenaries led by the Human Saponza and his partner chose to side with the Rebellion in the Galactic Civil War some point between the Battle of Yavin and the Battle of Hoth. A local faction of mercenaries opposed the presence of the rebellion on the planet Tatooine, where Saponza and his partner were based. Shortly after the gang completed a mission to combat a spike in womp rat attacks on locals, their Jennica Pierce contacted them to warn them that the mercenaries were planning a sneak attack on Saponza's homestead.
Immediately after receiving the warning, Saponza and his partner's forces were attacked by blaster-wielding mercenaries. The homestead's defenses successfully killed seven attackers, although others managed to escape.
Following the attack, Saponza and his partner prepared for a counterattack by upgrading their troop transport facilities so that they could gather a larger army. While the gang built up their troops, their allies sent scouts to find the attacking mercenaries bases. Once they discovered the locations, Saponza and his forces attacked and destroyed the smaller of the two bases first and moved on to destroy the other.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Commander (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Commander, chapter 1: Humble Beginings
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Star Wars: Commander, chapter 2, Under the Twin Suns
- ↑ In Kekit's Databank entry, it is stated that Saponza and his partner played an integral part in the campaign that liberated a Jawa clan from the Tusken Raiders. It also states that the plan was orchestrated by Jennica Pierce of the Rebel Alliance. This scenario does not occur if the player aligns with the Empire, so it can be deduced that Saponza's gang joined the Rebellion.