Snivvians, nicknamed Snaggletooths were a sentient mammalian, humanoid species native to the planet Cadomai Prime. They had large mouths and short fangs. The winters on their home planet were long, harsh, and difficult to survive. During this time, the Snivvians spent their time in underground caverns in artistic pursuits. Some of the species escaped the icy tundras to become bounty hunters offworld. As a species they displayed great tracking skills, so were particularly suited to this work. Sol Charless, Geezum, Drix Gil, Katt Mol, Narb, Nod, Sinrich, Takeel, and Zutton were members of the species.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Snivvians were mammalian humanoids distinguishable by their large nostrils and their protruding lower jaws, with two small tusks. Their hair color varied between brown and black, but they possessed a larger variation of skin and eye colors.
The Snivvians were native to the planet Cadomai Prime. The winters on their homeworld were long, harsh, and difficult to survive. During this time, the Snivvians spent their time in underground caverns in artistic pursuits. Some of the species escaped the icy tundras to become bounty hunters offworld.
Snivvians in the galaxyEdit
A Snivvian was among the auctioneers at the auction of the Jedi Padawan Eldra Kaitis. Katt Mol was a Snivvian captured and hunted by a Trandoshan hunting guild led by Garnac. The Snivvian bounty hunter Sinrich invented the holographic disguise matrix, which convinced Count Dooku to invite him to participate in a number of challenges at the Box on Serenno. A Snivvian was present at Chalmun's Cantina in Mos Eisley on Tatooine when the Dathomirian Asajj Ventress killed the bounty hunter Oked. Following the infiltration of the Cybloc transfer station, a Snivvian briefed the Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi and Adi Gallia upon their arrival to investigate the incident.
A Snivvian was among the slaves working on Crawler 413-24 for the Mining Guild on Lothal until the rebel cell known as the Spectres hijacked it and freed them. They later joined the Spectres and the Lothal resistance at their base, where they gave away their location to Lothal's governor Arihnda Pryce in order to lure her in and capture her. The Snivvian was killed in the following attack.
The Snivvians Takeel and Zutton were patrons of Chalmun's Cantina and were present when Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi visited to find transport to Alderaan. A Snivvian was among the many visitors at a bar on Nar Shaddaa when Skywalker revealed his lightsaber. Skywalker was later captured and put into a gladiatorial game in front of a large crowd, including at least one Snivvian. Geezum was a Snivvian who worked for the crime lord Jabba the Hutt on Tatooine when Skywalker and his friends came to rescue Han Solo
New Republic EraEdit
The young Snivvian Sol Charless lived on Durkteel and was bullied by the male Saurin Fikk. Among the workers at Maz Kanata's castle was the Snivvian Drix Gil. The Snivvian brothers Nod and Narb lived as criminals on the independent refueling station known as the Colossus on Castilon.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Snivvian species were created for the cantina sequence in George Lucas' Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, released in 1977. They were later identified as Snivvians in the 2016 canon reference book Star Wars: Complete Locations.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as Snivvian)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Alien Archive - Species Guide
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 "Tales from Wild Space: Mattis Makes a Stand"—Star Wars Adventures 4
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars: Alien Archive - Species Guide
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "The Face of Evil"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ "Always Bet on Chop"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine
- ↑ Darth Maul, Part IV
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Crawler Commandeers"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "A Fool's Hope"
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars 8: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part I
- ↑ Star Wars 11: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part IV
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi