Snowtroopers were specialized stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire trained and equipped to operate in frigid environments such as the icy planet of Hoth. When the Empire routed the enemy Rebel Alliance from its headquarters on Hoth, snowtroopers led by Darth Vader were involved in the battle.
Snowtroopers were known to have been handpicked from worlds already known to have frigid climate. That way the Empire would have troopers that were already used to the cold climates they were going to be dropped into. A must have for their elite corp. The snowtrooper armor was also thermal to trap body heat to help defend against the cold.[source?]
Behind the scenesEdit
Snowtroopers are set to appear in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. In the costumes used for the film, the troopers' armor, helmet, and backpack were made of molded polyurethane, while their gloves also included molded polyurethane elements along with nylon. Their quilted tunics and collars were made from jersey-backed neoprene, though the tunics also included polyester and cotton. They also wear nylon boots.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- "15 Things You Never Knew About LEGO Star Wars!"—Star Wars Insider 150
- Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Closer look at The Force Awakens flametrooper, snowtrooper and more!. Star Wars 7 News. Retrieved on April 16, 2015.