Snowtroopers were a variant of the stormtrooper approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor. The latest generation of cold weather assault stormtroopers, snowtroopers wore advanced insulated armor and helmets that reduced the glare of icy terrain. Many of them were on Starkiller Base when it was attacked by the Resistance.
Behind the scenesEdit
Snowtroopers first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in the form of First Order snowtroopers. In the costumes used for the film, the troopers' armor, helmet, and backpack were made of molded polyurethane, while their gloves also included molded polyurethane elements along with nylon. Their quilted tunics and collars were made from jersey-backed neoprene, though the tunics also included polyester and cotton. The nylon boots they wear are "Kamik White Mens Canuck Cold Weather Boots."
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars Movie Short (2015 Episode 13: Poe Dameron vs. the First Order Snow Speeder) (Non-canonical source)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75100 First Order Snowspeeder)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary