Snowtroopers were a variant of the stormtrooper approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor. The latest generation of cold weather assault stormtroopers, snowtroopers wore advanced insulated armor and helmets that reduced the glare of icy terrain. Many of them were on Starkiller Base when it was attacked by the Resistance in 34 ABY.
Behind the scenesEdit
Snowtroopers first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in the form of First Order snowtroopers. In the costumes used for the film, the troopers' armor, helmet, and backpack were made of molded polyurethane, while their gloves also included molded polyurethane elements along with nylon. Their quilted tunics and collars were made from jersey-backed neoprene, though the tunics also included polyester and cotton. The nylon boots they wear are "Kamik White Men's Canuck Cold Weather Boots."
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars Movie Short (2015 Episode 13: Poe Dameron vs. the First Order Snow Speeder)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- LEGO Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (Set: 75100 First Order Snowspeeder)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ Closer look at The Force Awakens flametrooper, snowtrooper and more!. Star Wars 7 News. Retrieved on April 16, 2015.
- ↑ First Order Snowtrooper. The Parts of Star Wars (November 20, 2015). Retrieved on December 19, 2015.