Modified Stormtrooper armor
|Usage and history|
Although well adapted to the intense cold found on planets such as Hoth, Toola and Rhen Var, the leg armor was weaker than standard armor; this was done so a snowtrooper could walk faster in the cold environment. The armor was equipped with more powerful heating and personal environment units. The eighteen-piece outer shell also had an airtight fabric oversuit for more protection from the cold. For breathing in dangerous or cold weather, a breather hood not only enveloped the faceplate but fed into the suit liner as well. Each trooper had terrain-grip boots, in addition to a standard issue utility belt that contained high-tension wire, grappling hooks, ration packs, additional blaster ammunition, ion flares, as well as a survival kit.
The helmet featured built-in snow goggles that were polarized. The chest plate was constructed of a plastoid composite armor. Close to the center was the location of the controls for the entirely self sufficient life support systems. What was included was a power cell monitor, the controls for the heater of the suit, and an external temperature monitor. The shoulder plates included ammo magazines instead of a shoulder pauldron used by the Galactic Marine armor. The backpack housed the communications unit, the main power cell, a homing beacon, and the main heating unit. The backpack had the additional ability as operating as a power source for other equipment. Because of the armor, a snowtrooper could survive for a maximum of two weeks in even the harshest environments on their internal supplies and suit power alone. The armor also included heated white pants with pockets.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game — Ultimate Sith Edition
- Trooper (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Infinities: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars 78: Hoth Stuff! (Appears in flashback(s)) (Ambiguously canonical source)
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology