- Anakin: "There are so many! Do they all have a system of planets?"
- Qui-Gon: "Most of them."
- Anakin: "Has anyone been to them all?"
- Qui-Gon: "Not likely."
- Anakin: "I want to be the first one to see them all..."
- ―A nine years old Anakin Skywalker and Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, looking at the stars[src]
A star system, also known as a planetary system or simply a system, was a group of bodies orbiting a star. Star systems usually consisted of one or more planets, and the debris remaining from the formation of the primary planets and central star, such as comets and asteroids.
The galactic standard approach to naming star systems was to base the name off the central star or planet.
There are 7,100,000,000 stars in the known galaxy, with approximately 3,200,000,000 habitable star systems. Only about a billion of these systems have life. Only 69,000,000 of those systems meet population requirements for Imperial representation. All star systems are given coordinates that are used by navicomputers to permit space travel. Some star systems were unnamed, and were only known by their numerical designation.
Technically, star systems appear in almost every Star Wars work. This list only includes explicit mentions of star systems in text or dialogue.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, First Edition
- "The Greel Wood Haven"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- "Into the Core Worlds"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 7
- "Blaze of Glory"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8 (Brixie Ergo game information)
- "Combat Moon"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9 (SIT. REP. Ishanna System game information)
- "Tasariq: The Crystal Planet"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- "The Draw"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15 (Vernet Roleplaying Game Statistics)
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Encyclopedia (Various entries)
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- "Reidi Artom's Expansion Manifesto"
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Various entries)
- The Essential Atlas
- Galaxy of Intrigue
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness (Card: Trandoshan Terror)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Edge of Darkness (Card: Mission Commander) (Picture only)
- Beyond the Rim
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Dr. Evazan)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Dooku (★★★★★))
- The Bounty Hunter Code: From the Files of Boba Fett
- Suns of Fortune
- Planetary system on Wikipedia
Notes and referencesEdit