Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Designed as civilian's response to Jedi and Sith using lightsabers to deflect their attacks, the sonic pistol fired compressed bolts of pure sound at its target. Though slightly less powerful than standard energy weapons such as blasters and pulse-wave weapons, the sonic pistol was particularly effective against Jedi and Sith because the weapon's sonic bolt bent around the lightsaber, making deflection impossible. Additionally, the sonic energy was sometimes able to disrupt a target's equilibrium, causing disorientation.
A slightly larger version of this weapon was the heavy sonic blaster, while an even larger rifle version was also produced. A notable model of sonic rifle was the Geonosian sonic blaster, which operated on similar principles as the pistol.
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook (As "sound pistol")
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear (As "sound pistol")
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide indicates that this weapon has the range of a pistol. Specifics of this range are detailed in the Saga Edition Core Rulebook.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology