Sonic rifles tended to be less powerful than conventional blasters, but they compensated for this by being more likely to pierce less advanced personal energy shields and disorienting their targets with sensory overload.
Like all sonic weapons, the sonic rifle was particularly effective against Jedi and Sith because the weapon could not be deflected by a lightsaber. Additionally, the sonic damage was sometimes able to disrupt the target's equilibrium, causing disorientation.
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook (As "sound rifle")
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear (As "sound rifle")
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide indicates that this weapon has the range of a rifle. Specifics of this range are detailed in the Saga Edition Core Rulebook.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide