The sonic stunner was a weapon that could stun or send a sonic charge that could damage most sentients' ears and brain.
The sonic stunner fired a concentrated burst of sonic energy using technology similar to Geonosian sonic weapons. The sonic burst penetrated to the target's brain, causing great pain. This was likely the reason why it was employed by the Galactic Empire's T0-D interrogation droids. Unlike most other blasters, only the target of the sonic stunner heard any noise, making the weapon otherwise silent. This was likely the reason why it was considered illegal to own in all but the most highly regulated circumstances.
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back (Second Edition)
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 4 (ASS2, IG-88 Assassin Droid)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- Threats of the Galaxy
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Threats of the Galaxy
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Tatooine Manhunt
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Threats of the Galaxy indicates that this weapon has the range of a pistol. Specifics of this range are detailed in the Saga Edition Core Rulebook.
- ↑ Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide