- "So good, you'd swear they were made by the Soup People of Tureen VI."
- ―Dexter Jettster, on the quality of his soup
The Soup People were beings native to the planet Tureen VI who were known for making high-quality soups. At some point before the year 19 BBY, on the menu for his restaurant, Dex's Diner, the Besalisk chef Dexter Jettster claimed that his soups were as good as those produced by the Soup People.
Society and cultureEdit
The Soup People were known for producing high-quality soups.
The Soup People hailed from the planet Tureen VI, which was located in the Tureen system in the Kriz sector of the Outer Rim Territories at the galactic coordinates J-18. The area of space around Tureen VI was discovered by the outside galaxy sometime between the years 3,000 BBY and 25 BBY. The Soup People's planet was in neutral space throughout the Clone Wars fought between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems from 22 BBY to 19 BBY. Prior to the 19 BBY destruction of Dex's Diner, a restaurant located in CoCo Town on the galactic capital planet Coruscant, the Besalisk owner of the diner, Dexter Jettster, claimed in his menu that he served soup of the same quality as that of the Soup People. Around the year 25 ABY, the Soup People's home region had an average of one million to one hundred million inhabitants per star system. By 137 ABY, the Soup People's world was under the Galactic Empire of the Sith Lord Darth Krayt.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Silly, but it works as a throwaway reference."
- ―Gregory Walker, on the Soup People of Tureen VI
The Soup People of Tureen VI were briefly mentioned in Dining at Dex's, a 2009 Star Wars Hyperspace exclusive article written by Gregory Walker in the form of an in-universe menu for Dex's Diner. The article did not specify if the Soup People were a species. The article gave no details on the Soup People beyond the fact that they were from Tureen VI and made high-quality soup. In his blog, Walker mentioned that the Soup People were merely included as a silly reference. However, in response to the blog, Daniel Wallace, one of the authors of The Essential Atlas, a 2009 reference book published by Del Rey, said that he would reference Tureen VI in the next update of the book's online companion. From this comment, it can be determined that the Tureen system later mentioned in The Essential Atlas Online Companion was the location of the Soup People's home.
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Last of the Jedi: Underworld
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 120
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 151
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ When combining the The Essential Atlas, p. 17 map of populations with the Outer Rim Sectors map on StarWars.com, the Soup People's planet must be in the lower left corner of J-18, because that is the only place where the planet could be in the area and still be located in the Krix sector.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 226
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Gregory Walker's StarWars.com Blog (content now obsolete; backup link on WebCite)
- ↑ The Essential Atlas