- "That's no moon. It's a space station."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, scrutinizing the first Death Star
Space stations were artificial structures built for use in orbit or deep space. The term was also used by one standard ship classification system to classify some of the largest and most heavily armed capital ships in the known galaxy.
Some space stations were civilian installations designed for habitation, or modified as research stations, and still others as orbiting space docks. A great many were well-armed military installations generally used in a defensible position. The most famous military space stations were the Death Star and Death Star II created by the Galactic Empire. Unlike most space stations, they were mobile, as well as hyperspace-capable, thus making them match the definition of a starship as well.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Tempest Feud
- The Air Up Thaere
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Crisis on Cloud City (Mentioned only)
- Mission to Lianna
- Star Wars 58: Sundown!
- Star Wars 59: Bazarre
- Jedi Search
- The Crystal Star
- Specter of the Past
- Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire trading cards (Card: )
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Limited Collector's Edition
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Suns of Fortune
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook
Notes and references
- Space station on Wikipedia