Spacetugs, also known as tugboats, were utility spacecraft designed to assist in guiding larger vessels and their cargo in maneuvering through orbital transfer yards and transit corridors, by utilizing either tractor beams or magnetic clamps.
During the Clone Wars, the Republic, as well as other agencies, employed at least two different models of specialized tugboats equipped with powerful tractor beams. Used at both the Ord Cestus medical station and space station Valor, they also doubled as emergency vehicles.
About thirty years after the Battle of Endor, Subpro manufactured the Quadrijet transfer spacetug, which used magnetic clamps to quickly move around cargo containers. One of these was present at Niima Outpost on Jakku.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as spacetug)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- (First identified as tugboat)