Spacetugs, also known as tugboats, were utility spacecraft designed to assist in guiding larger vessels and their cargo in maneuvering through orbital transfer yards and transit corridors, by utilizing either tractor beams or magnetic clamps.
During the Clone Wars, the Republic, as well as other agencies, employed at least two different models of specialized tugboats equipped with powerful tractor beams. Used at both the Ord Cestus medical station and space station Valor, they also doubled as emergency vehicles.
About thirty years after the Battle of Endor, Subpro Corporation manufactured the Quadrijet transfer spacetug, which used magnetic clamps to quickly move around cargo containers. One of these was present at Niima Outpost on Jakku.
- Obi-Wan & Anakin, Part I (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- Thrawn: Alliances
- Guardians of the Whills (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "The Happabore Hazard"
- Forces of Destiny: The Rey Chronicles
- "Destroyer Down"—Star Wars Adventures: Destroyer Down
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny: Volume 4
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Incredible Cross-Sections (First identified as spacetug)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- (First identified as tugboat)