The First Order Special Forces, or Elite, were an elite unit of the First Order military. They were used by the First Order to pilot TIE/sf space superiority fighters and reported directly to the upper ranks of First Order military hierarchy. Visual difference to normal TIE fighter pilots was that the Special Forces fighter pilots bore red flashes on their helmets, like the flight barons of the Old Empire.
Training and EquipmentEdit
Similarly to standard First Order TIE pilots they were trained almost entirely on the Star Destroyers of the First Order, spending most of their lives in space. In addition to being highly trained in starfighters, they were also very skilled with blasters.
First Order Special Forces equipment was very similar to that of other First Order TIE pilots. It included positive gravity pressure boots, a vac-sealed suit and helmet, life-support gear. Their helmets had multiple upgrades from the standard ones including advanced sensor and targeting suites for both ground and space combat.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Graphic Novel Adaptation
- "Rose Knows"—Star Wars Adventures 6
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Special Forces)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles (First identified as First Order Special Forces)