Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Special Operations Brigade (SO BDE) was the special forces division of the Grand Army of the Republic, made up of clone commandos, covert ops clone troopers, clone assassins, Advanced Recon Commandos, and clone shadow troopers.
As the Clone Wars began, the Jedi Order formed the Special Ops Brigade to complete independent, special operation for the Galactic Senate, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, and the Jedi High Council. Stationed with Arca Company Barracks, the Special Ops Brigade was led by Jedi General Iri Camas and later Jedi General Arligan Zey. When General Zey took command, the brigade consisted of 5,000 troops.[source?]
- Special Operations Brigade (SO BDE)—10 groups (5,000 men), commanded by Jedi General Arligan Zey. It consisted of 10 Commando Groups, or battalions, by one year after the Battle of Geonosis.
- Aiwha Squad
- Ion Team
- The Muunilinst 10
- Zero Five Commando
- Ord Cestus Squad
- 44th Special Operations Division
- Yayax Squad
Special ops variantsEdit
- Clone commandos mostly conducted direct action and special recon missions, in a tactical capacity.
- Alpha-class Advanced Recon Commandos served a more strategically purpose, conducting special reconnaissance and special sabotage missions. They were more obedient and reliable to the Jedi than the Null-Class ARCs.
- Null-class Advanced Recon Commandos specialized in reconnaissance. Less obedient than the Alpha-class ARCs.
- Shadow troopers specialized in gathering intelligence, special sabotage missions, counter intelligence, combating terrorism and espionage.
- covert-ops troopers trained in the same areas as Shadow troopers but were assigned to doing 'dirty work' for the Republic.
- Clone assassins were trained specifically to eliminate Jedi in case of their rebellion against the Senate and the Republic by utilizing Teräs Käsi, a form of unarmed combat.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars novel (Mentioned only)
- Clone Wars Gambit: Stealth (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: Hard Contact
- Omega Squad: Targets
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Imperial Commando: 501st (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Mobile Squadrons
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- Star Wars Annual 2009
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Essential Guide to Warfare