Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Ki Sazen saved my people. She was only a Padawan when she came to Tas-La and slew the Spine Dragon of M'dweshuu."
- ―The Nikto Chevuk mentions the spine dragon that Ki Sazen killed
Spine dragons were a species of non-sentient animals that were indigenous to the planet Kintan. One dragon known as the Spine Dragon of M'dweshuu lived on the planet Tas-La during the Cold War until the Jedi Padawan Ki Sazen killed the creature. The species was considered dangerous; however, the sentient Nikto species, who also dwelt on Kintan, eventually drove the spine dragons to extinction.
Biology and appearanceEdit
Spine dragons were native to the planet Kintan, which was located in the Kintan system within the Si'Klaata Cluster in the region of the galaxy known as Hutt Space. When the star M'dweshuu at the heart of the Si'Klaata cluster went nova, it released a large dose of radiation that reached Kintan. That caused mutation in the planet's indigenous species, and over thousands of years, it resulted in the evolution of the spine dragons. During the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, the Jedi Padawan Ki Sazen slew a spine dragon known as the Spine Dragon of M'dweshuu on the planet Tas-La, which led to a Nikto cult forming around her. The species was considered reasonably dangerous and was driven to extinction by the sentient Nikto species, who were also native to Kintan. Spine dragons were later popularized throughout the rest of the galaxy during the reign of the New Republic, by holo-serials created by the Human Xenoarchaeologist Henrietya Antilles, better known as "Corellia Antilles."
Behind the scenesEdit
Spine dragons were first mentioned in 1995 in Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies, a supplement book in the Galaxy Guide series for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, a roleplaying game released by West End Games. The species was mentioned in the entry for the Nikto, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo. They were mentioned again in the supplement book Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds, which was made for the Star Wars Roleplaying Game by Wizards of the Coast in 2004 and written by a number of authors. A spine dragon was later mentioned in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a MMORPG released by BioWare in 2011.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies (First mentioned)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Lords of Nal Hutta
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies p. 61
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Imperial Agent Mission: "The cult of Ki Sazen" on Taris
- ↑ Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds states on page 86 that the Nikto drove all life on Kintan to extinction except flora and smaller, non-threatening species. Due to their description as dangerous creatures, this article assumes that spine dragons were among those driven to extinction.
- ↑ Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds p. 86