Small island chains
|Points of interest|
It lacked any dangerous land fauna and flora on its many islands, and the number of nautical dangers was also low, even though there were some dangerous animals like the Galub sea slug and the camray eel. The relatively safe tropical environment made the planet one of the leading water sports resorts in the galaxy within easy reach of the Core Worlds.
It was speckled with literally thousands of islands, which in the day of the Old Republic were inhabited by rich and famous civilians, but were occupied by members of the Imperial elite during the Galactic Civil War. Apart from holidaying Moffs, governors, officers and the like, Imperial presence on the planet was scarce. There was an Imperial garrison there, but they were mostly servants to the holidaying Imperial top men rather than imposing the will of the Emperor.
Spira was officially governed by the Tourist Guild. The guild had made a deal with the Empire, allowing only passenger ships, supply shuttles and Imperial vessels to enter and exit the system.
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 52 (Mentioned only) —
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 5
- "Elusive"—No Disintegrations
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (Mentioned only)
- "The Spira Regatta"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- Heroes & Rogues
- Galactic Campaign Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia