Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Spiral was a Corellian Engineering Corporation CR90 corvette that operated as a privateer vessel for the Rebel Alliance in the early years of the Rebellion's war against the Galactic Empire. Operated by a veteran crew that included communications expert Del Goren, the Spiral ambushed multiple Imperial convoys while serving with the Alliance. The corvette was notorious for arriving at its destination when it was least expected.
A privateer vessel, the Spiral was a CR90 corvette affiliated with the Rebel Alliance. The hyperdrive-equipped starship was manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation. The Spiral's spoked forward viewport differed from those found on other CR90 corvettes.
Operational in the time before the Battle of Yavin, the Spiral was a Rebel Alliance privateer vessel. In the course of its service, the corvette launched numerous attacks on Imperial convoys, many of which proved to be successful ambushes. The Spiral established a name for itself by repeatedly reaching its destination when least expected.
Commanders and crewEdit
The Spiral was operated by a veteran crew. One being who served aboard the privateer corvette was Del Goren, a communications expert also skilled in scanner jamming. Goren later joined the Alliance High Command, serving at the Massassi Station on Yavin 4 during the Battle of Yavin.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Spiral was first mentioned on the "Rebel Tech" card in the A New Hope Limited expansion pack of the Star Wars Customizable Card Game. The privateer corvette later received its own dedicated card in the Special Edition Limited expansion pack. The image used to depict the Spiral is actually that of a concept model for the Tantive IV; the "spoked window" viewport was later replaced by a thin horizontal viewport on the final design.
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Rebel Tech) (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Spiral)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 353 ("Goren, Del")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: Spiral)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – A New Hope Limited (Card: Rebel Tech)
- ↑ The image used to depict the Spiral is actually that of a concept model for the Tantive IV. Consequently, the Spiral is the only named CR90 corvette to possess a "spoked" viewport; all others possess a narrow horizontal viewport, an example of which can be seen here.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- ↑ Sculpting a Galaxy: Inside the Star Wars Model Shop