The Spotlight sloth, or spot-light sloth, or Dagobah swamp sloth, was a large furry mammal native to the swamps of Dagobah. The sloth was covered in a waterproof greenish-brown fur. They were so named because of the blue bioluminescent patches beneath the leathery skin on their hairless chests. These "spotlight" patches, when revealed, were used to induce plants and fungi to unfold and/or burst. The sloth would then use its small paws to quickly stuff food in to its toothless mouth.
Spotlight sloths favored fresh, succulent flowers along with the berries of the lahdia plant, but willingly ate other plants if necessary. In turn, sloths were preyed upon by Dagobah's knobby white spiders. One stab of the spider's venomous stinger could knock out an unlucky sloth.
- Star Wars Adventures: Luke Skywalker and the Treasure of the Dragonsnakes
- Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin's Quest (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star (Mentioned only)
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe (First mentioned)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Inside the Worlds of the Star Wars Trilogy
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 91 (DAG11, Dagobah - Animals)