Sriluur was a desert planet located in the Hutt Space region of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the Weequays, a species whose tough, leathery skin helped them endure its harsh conditions, and the Sriluurian butterfly. It was conquered by the Hutt Cartel, which was controlled by the Hutts from the neighboring world of Nal Hutta, who turned the Weequays into slaves or vassals. The pirate Hondo Ohnaka, leader of the Ohnaka Gang, was a male Weequay from this world.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sriluur was first mentioned in "The Greel Wood Haven," an article written by Craig Robert Carey that was published in Star Wars Adventure Journal 6, which was released in May of 1995. It became canon when it was mentioned in Ultimate Star Wars, a reference book co-written by Patricia Barr, Adam Bray, Daniel Wallace, and Ryder Windham that was released on April 28, 2015. Sriluur's status as a planet and the homeworld of the Weequay species was made canon by Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, a reference book written by Adam Bray, Kerrie Dougherty, Cole Horton, and Michael Kogge that was released on September 4, 2015.
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Steal (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded