A staff was a long melee weapon. It could also be a simple tool used by farmers to herd animals or perform general farming tasks.
Staffs were an early form of weapon, generally made out of wood, but sometimes made out of metal. They could also be used for ceremonial purposes. There were several variations of the weapon, some advanced, others not as advanced. Wood staffs were used by the Janta, a Dantari tribe native to the planet Dantooine. The Baran Do Sages from Dorin also used wooden staffs, which they used during training.
- Zhaboka, or Zabrak quarterstaff
- Double-bladed lightsabers were often known as saberstaffs
- San-Ni staff, a sort of tri-sectioned staff
- Speaker's staff, a sort of ceremonial staff
This is a list of all known users of any variation of staffs.
- Siolo'urmanka (wooden staff)
- Darth Maul (lightstaff)
- Tsyr (cortosis staff)
- Jastus Farr (lightsaff)
- Mas Amedda (Speaker's staff)
There were many other wielders of the various forms of staff.
- "Nameless"—Star Wars Tales 10
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Graveyard of Alderaan
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- Star Wars Gamemaster Kit
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance
- Nexus of Power (Training stick)