The Stalgasin hive was a major hive on the planet Geonosis on the Outer Rim of the galaxy. It was also the planet's capital. Like all other hives, it consisted of spire-like mounds made of stone powder and phidna dung, with a vast underground network. It was the largest of the hives, so the leader of the Stagasian hive seemingly controlled all of Geonosis. Upon the creation of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, an alliance of star systems who wanted to secede from the Galactic Republic, the Stalgasin hive became its first—and secret—capital. Stalgasin also housed major factories, which built battle droids, vehicles and weaponry for the Confederacy. The first battle of the Clone Wars, which pitted the Confederacy against the Republic's newly acquired clone army, took place in the Arena of Justice, close to the Stalgasin hive.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Stalgasin hive)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines