Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A hive of Geonosian active in the final decades of the Galactic Republic, the Stalgasin hive made its home in a massive spire located near to the Petranaki arena in the E'y-akh Desert. Governed by an archduke who ruled the hive's political and economic business, the true leader of the hive was the Hive Queen who maintained a hidden court in the Progate Temple.
Ruled by Hadiss the Vaulted for several years, Hadiss was slain by his successor, Poggle the Lesser, during a bloody rebellion secretly funded by Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious. Poggle rode astride an acklay during the fight and eventually forced Hadiss to the ground and tore him into several pieces. Having assumed the title of Archduke, Poggle went on to expand the Geonosian Industries factories underground and pledged loyalty to the political idealist Count Dooku, leader of the fledgling separatist group, the Confederacy of Independent Systems, after the Count demonstrated fealty to the Stalgasin Queen Karina the Great.
Producing large amounts of B-1 Battle Droids for the Trade Federation and Techno Union, Poggle ordered the production of the B-2 super battle droid to compensate for the wiry frame of their predecessors. When war finally came to the galaxy, the armies of the Confederacy and the Republic met at the Petranaki arena in 22 BBY. As the battle erupted on the surrounding plains, many Geonosians died and great damage sustained to the hive spire. Despite all this, the hive's foundries continued to mass produce droids. Archduke Poggle retreated to the Progate Temple, the hidden palace of Queen Karina and her undead guardsmen.
Following the Clone Wars, the Stalgasin hive remained active in galactic affairs. Despite the death of Archduke Poggle on Mustafar at the hands of Darth Vader, the newly formed Galactic Empire employed Geonosians to produce technologies for the Imperial Department of Military Research.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- Boba Fett: The Fight to Survive
- Labyrinth of Evil
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (PSP only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 47 (GEO7-8, Geonosis - Prison Cell)
- Star Wars: The Official Figurine Collection 20
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 25
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 34
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 37
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Poggle the Lesser (★))
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Poggle the Lesser (★★★))