Stars were large, incandescent celestial bodies made of burning plasma and gas that gave off heat, light and radiation. In the night sky, remote stars looked like mere points of light. Stars that were the central body of a planetary system were referred to as suns. In some cases, a planetary system could contain several suns, as was the case around the planets of Tatooine and Mon Cala. A planet revolving around a star normally received light and warmth from it, although there were exceptions. Umbara was known as the "Shadow World" because the rays of its sun never completely reached the planet's surface, keeping it in perpetual darkness. Stars went through various stages during their life, such as a yellow dwarf star expanding to become a red giant.
Because space travel is a central part of Star Wars, stars appear in many Star Wars works. This a list of media in which stars and suns are specifically mentioned (not including common compounds like "star system", "starship", "starfighter" or "Star Destroyer", or names like "Death Star" or "Black Sun").
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Jedi Crash"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Sunny Day in the Void"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gathering"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part I"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Disappeared, Part II"
- A New Dawn
- Rise of the Rebels (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi"
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legends of the Lasat"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Darth Vader 1: Vader (Mentioned only; in flashback)
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- "Scorched"—Star Wars Insider 165
- "Bait"—Star Wars Insider 162
- Before the Awakening
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
Notes and referencesEdit
- Star on Wikipedia