The Star Herald was a top-of-the-line prototype scout ship that was developed by the Galactic Empire around 18 BBY. It had a long, arrow-like hull supporting a tractor beam projector, and it housed at least one probe that could go underwater.
The Star Herald was stolen by Visler Korda, a former Imperial officer who had been stripped of his rank and put to forced work in the spice mines of Kessel. With the help of RX-48, a manumitted pilot droid, Korda used the stolen ship to journey to the Xala system, where he intended to exact revenge on those responsible for his disgrace, Milo and Lina Graf. The Imperial High Command was most displeased with the theft of the prototype. The ship was shot down on the planet Agaris, but was repaired by the Graf family after Lina and Milo rescued their parents, Auric and Rhyssa, from imprisonment in the Imperial compound on the planet. Tarkin ordered it shot down on its departure from Agaris, but it managed to get away by activating its hyperdrive and travel to the Lothal system before being destroyed.
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Cold (First appearance)
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Rescue
- "Tales from Wild Space: Stop, Thief!"—Star Wars Adventures 1
- "Tales from Wild Space: The Flat Mountain of Yavin"—Star Wars Adventures 2
- "Tales from Wild Space: Adventures in Wookiee-Sitting"—Star Wars Adventures 3
- "Tales from Wild Space: Mattis Makes a Stand"—Star Wars Adventures 4
- "Tales from Wild Space: The Best Pet"—Star Wars Adventures 5
- "Tales from Wild Space: Podracer's Rescue"—Star Wars Adventures 6
- "Tales from Wild Space: Look Before You Leap"—Star Wars Adventures 7
- "Tales from Wild Space: Gonk"—Star Wars Adventures 8
- "Tales from Wild Space: IG-88 vs. the Gatto Gang"—Star Wars Adventures 9
- "Tales from Wild Space: Family Affair, Part 1"—Star Wars Adventures 10
- "Tales from Wild Space: Family Affair, Part 2"—Star Wars Adventures 11