- "On a remote outpost planet, new adventures await..."
- ―Construction sign at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney CEO Robert Iger first announced at the D23 Expo on August 15, 2015 that the company would be building a Star Wars-themed land in Disneyland Park at the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California and in Disney's Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. The announcement stated that these lands would be fourteen acres in size, making them the largest single land expansions in company history. The two attractions announced for the land included a ride that puts guests behind the controls of the Millennium Falcon and a ride that throws guests into the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. It was also announced that the lands' setting would be an outpost on a yet-to-be-seen planet on the edge of the Outer Rim Territories, just before Wild Space. During the Q1 FY17 Earnings call for The Walt Disney Company on February 7, 2017, Iger announced that the new lands would open in the year 2019. During the "Star Wars and Disney Parks: A Galaxy in the Making" panel at Celebration Orlando, Asa Kalama of Walt Disney Imagineering stated that what they were building would be canonical.
In the lead up to the annual D23 Expo, the Disney Parks Blog unveiled a logo for the event "Walt Disney Parks and Resorts: A Galaxy of Stories", which would debut on July 14-16. The event allowed for guests to catch a glimpse of the locations, starships, creatures, and droids that would populate the outpost that will act as a setting for the park, as well as the unveiling of a detailed model for the 14-acre theme park that would debut in 2019, alongside artwork and media showcasing its development.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- New Details Announced for Star Wars-Themed Lands for Disney Parks on the Disney Parks Blog
- Star Wars Insider 172
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Glover, Erin (August 15, 2015). Star Wars-Themed Lands Coming to Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved on April 18, 2017.
- ↑ Savvas, George (February 7, 2017). Star Wars-Themed Lands at Disney Parks Set to Open in 2019. Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved on April 18, 2017.
- ↑ Inside the Magic (April 15, 2017). FULL Star Wars Land panel - New details, artwork revealed at Star Wars Celebration 2017. YouTube. Retrieved on April 18, 2017.
- ↑ Jeffrey Epstein (June 8, 2017). 'A Galaxy of Stories' Coming to D23 Expo. Disney Parks Blog. Retrieved on June 8, 2017.
- ↑ Jason LaSalata (June 8, 2017). D23 Expo 2017: 'A Galaxy Of Stories' Title & Logo Revealed For 'Star Wars' Land. Jedi News. Retrieved on June 8, 2017.
- ↑ 6.00 6.01 6.02 6.03 6.04 6.05 6.06 6.07 6.08 6.09 6.10 6.11 6.12 6.13 6.14 6.15 6.16 6.17 6.18 6.19 6.20 6.21
- ↑ 7.00 7.01 7.02 7.03 7.04 7.05 7.06 7.07 7.08 7.09 7.10 7.11 7.12 7.13 7.14 7.15 7.16 Inside the Magic (2017-07-16). Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge name, details announced for Walt Disney World, Disneyland - D23 Expo 2017. YouTube. Retrieved on July 16, 2017.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 . “"Harkos" and "Dok-Ondar"”
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 . “Hondo from Star Wars Rebels will be enlisting guests to ride the Millennium Falcon. #D23Expo2017”
- ↑ . “Guys, we can meet HONDO!!!”
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 11.6 FULL Star Wars Land panel - New details, artwork revealed at Star Wars Celebration 2017
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 . “Disney announces a Star Wars themed immersive resort hotel for WDW with costumes, a storyline for every guest, windows that only show space”