|Star Wars: 1313|
Third-person Action Adventure
- "1313 is also going for a 'Mature' rating, great news for anyone who believes Star Wars' more child-centric offerings have been its most disappointing. For LucasArts this doesn't mean gore and sensationalism, it means adult-themes and stories, another reason for glowing anticipation."
"Sometimes games pursue an M rating because of this desire to do something gratuitously gory, and that's not what we're doing at all. I just don't think those kinds of things go with Star Wars. So when we talk about making something that's mature-themed, it really is about those characters, the type of story content we're going to be dealing with, and the kind of things they're motivated by. The world itself as well."
- ―Colin Campbell and Dominic Robilliard
The game had its formal reveal at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in June 2012. The game was being developed by various departments of LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation, and Skywalker Sound. It was built in the Unreal engine and was slated to feature full-body performance capture. The game appeared to emphasize fast paced combat, centered around human skills and physical weapons instead of Force powers. The game was also planned to feature a combination of cover-based combat, platform gameplay, and "playable cinematic gameplay."
Star Wars 1313 was first hinted at on the website GameTrailers TV on March 31, 2012, in a landing page message that has since been taken down. Before its removal, the message stated that Star Wars 1313 would be announced at the 2012 Electronic Entertainment Expo (commonly known as E3), which was held on June 5 - June 7. Star Wars 1313 was revealed at E3, confirming several facts and stating there is no release date as of yet. At Gamescon 2012, a gameplay trailer was released, showing new footage from the game.
After a period of developmental limbo following The Walt Disney Company's acquisition of the Star Wars franchise, production on Star Wars: 1313 was terminated when Disney closed down LucasArts and laid off its staff on April 3, 2013.
The player takes on the bounty hunter, later revealed to be Boba Fett, navigating the underworld metropolis of Level 1313 within the city-planet of Coruscant. Various "exotic" weapons are utilized as the player uncovers a criminal conspiracy in the underlevels of Coruscant.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
- Star Wars 1313, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 titles leaked ahead of E3 announcements
- Star Wars Art: Concept
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ E3 2012: Star Wars: 1313 -- Move Over Drake - IGN
- ↑ Star Wars 1313 will be the product of an evolved LucasArts
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 LucasArts unveils Star Wars game 1313
- ↑ Schreier, Jason (2013-04-03). Disney Shuts Down LucasArts, Cancels Star Wars 1313 And Star Wars: First Assault. Kotaku. Retrieved on April 3, 2013.
- ↑ was supposed to be
- ↑ Star Wars Art: Concept
- ↑ 'Star Wars 1313' first look
- ↑ Star Wars: 1313 Gameplay Trailer
- "The Strange Status of Star Wars: 1313, A Hot Game With an Uncertain Future" - kotaku.com
- "Star Wars 1313: Boba Fett Concept Art and Story Details" - IGN.com