One issue every two months
Star Wars: Droids was an 8-issue comic book series published by Star Comics, an imprint of Marvel Comics, from 1986 to 1987. The series was based on the Star Wars: Droids animated series from the 1985-86 season, which was canceled shortly after this series began.
Unlike the TV show which was set around 15 BBY, this series was stated to be set between 10-6 BBY and ended with a semi-adaptation of A New Hope with the unique perspective of being seen through R2-D2 & C-3PO's point of view. However, the second issue depicts the characters Tig Fromm and Vlix Oncard, who had been turned over to Jabba the Hutt in the last episode of the first TV story arc. That could mean either that the Fromm gang was later freed, or the issues #1-#5 occurred well before the television series. Latter is also supported by a reference to this comic series' character in The New Essential Guide to Characters that takes place before the description of events of the TV show. So far, there was not an official confirmation of the right timeline placement of the comic series, yet.
- Star Wars Droids 1: The Destroyer
- Star Wars Droids 2: The Ultimate Weapon
- Star Wars Droids 3: The Scarlet Pirate
- Star Wars Droids 4: Lost in Time
- Star Wars Droids 5: Separated
- Star Wars Droids 6: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book I
- Star Wars Droids 7: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book II
- Star Wars Droids 8: Star Wars According to the Droids, Book III