Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast demo was a pre-release demo for Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. It consisted of a single, unique level: an Imperial base the Jedi Knight Kyle Katarn must infiltrate.
This demo contained an original level, where Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors investigate an Imperial Remnant base on Alzoc III, the Talz home planet. Kyle is dropped off hidden in a cargo crate by Jan flying the Raven's Claw. He then enters the base, fighting off stormtroopers and Imperial officers. Meanwhile, Jan gets surrounded by Imperials and Kyle has to rush to rescue her. En route he confronts a Reborn that tries to stop him, to no avail.
- Kyle Katarn; New Republic operative/Jedi Knight (male Human)
- Jan Ors; New Republic operative (female Human)
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology
Behind the scenesEdit
- The demo is unlockable in the Xbox and Gamecube versions of Jedi Knight II by simply entering the word "DEMO" in the cheat menu.
- It is uncertain when this demo is set. The opening scroll places it 8 years after the Battle of Endor. This scroll is identical to that of Jedi Outcast except for the final paragraph. As Outcast has since been placed elsewhere, it is likely this is also not the correct setting for this mission. Currently the mission is placed in 13 ABY on this wiki as a bridge between the two arcs of the Empire Reborn campaign.
- The sound files used in this level, including scripted dialog, are all lifted from various points in the full game.
- When overlooking the Reborn "boss" from outside the hangar, looking through the window with your binoculars will cause him to turn and give a demented smile at you, however, this is a graphics bug encountered on some graphics cards rather than an intended feature.
- The demo uses an original level to showcase lightsaber combat/Force powers, as in the early levels of Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Kyle does not use a lightsaber. Some claimed Dark Forces II was "just like every other FPS, until you [get] your lightsaber." It is likely that a Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast demo that did not showcase the game's primary selling point would effect negatively on sales and was hence, the lightsaber was included as the primary weapon for the demo.