- "Short attention span Star Wars freaks will surely dig Masters of Teräs Käsi, LucasArts' first fighting game."
- ―Jack Lyon
Star Wars: Masters of Teräs Käsi was a fighting game released for PlayStation in October 1997.
LucasArts' short descriptionEdit
The 3D fighting genre fulfills its ultimate destiny with Star Wars Masters of Teräs Käsi, an intense one-on-one combat experience for the Sony PlayStation. The story revolves around the mysterious Arden Lyn, a master of the ancient art of Teräs Käsi, as she leads a group of the most feared champions of the Galactic Empire to eliminate the leaders of the Rebel Alliance. Join Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Boba Fett, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, plus a few surprise characters in a Star Wars environment like you've never experienced.
- A Tusken village on Tatooine
- Cloud City
- The Emperor's throne room
- The Rancor on Tatooine
- Carbonite Freezing Chamber on Bespin
- Forest moon of Endor
During the time of its conception, the game was a joint project of Lucasarts with fighting game giant developer Capcom. The project was eventually dropped; Capcom's work with them would result in them creating their first 3D game inspired by the series, Star Gladiator.
The game, while a welcome concept at the time of its release, was not well received. Some complaints include an inferior fighting engine, an improper usage of lightsabers and unbalanced characters. Despite this however, the game introduced new concepts to the Expanded Universe such as Teräs Käsi and Arden Lyn herself.
Screwattack rated the game the 10th worst fighting game in their top ten worst fighting games.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Weapons and technology
- "Lucasfilm's Latest: Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Update"—Star Wars Insider 28 (Indirect mention only)
- "Game Room: These Are Fightin' Words"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 12
- "Game Room: Game Knights"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 13