|Star Wars: Obi-Wan|
ESRB: Teen (T)
Star Wars: Obi-Wan (originally titled Star Wars: Episode I: Obi-Wan and scheduled for a PC-only release) is a video game released on December 20, 2001 for the Xbox to tell of Obi-Wan Kenobi's tale up to and through the Battle of Naboo. Many other Jedi like Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, Qui-Gon Jinn and Mace Windu participate in the game. It has villain bosses like Darth Maul, a Trandoshan, the Jin'ha Warrior Chief, and the War Chief of the Sand People.
Official site descriptionEdit
Join the legendary Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi as he takes on the worst scum and villainy the galaxy has to offer in level after level of fast-paced action. In Star Wars® Obi-Wan™, you'll call upon the Force and your powerful lightsaber as you face a mysterious new enemy, an assassin droid project and a devious plot that could dramatically shift the balance of power in the universe. Fight your way through an underworld trail of munitions dealers and crime lords-from the lowest depths of Coruscant and dusty Tatooine to the lush city of Theed. The Force is in your hands.
The power of a legend is yours as you wield Obi-Wan's considerable Force powers, Jedi agility and lightsaber in 15+ action-packed levels.
Force abilities include Force attack, push, pull, throw, defend and jump.
Tune your skills in up to six two-player arenas—facing Jedi Masters such as Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Saesee Tiin.
Original storyline brings you face-to-face with a host of new and familiar enemies—ranging from Tusken Raiders and assassin droids, to the evil Sith Lord Darth Maul.
The game was almost universally panned, an issue which most likely stemmed from the abrupt PC cancellation and porting to the Xbox. However, the game did feature a number of significant expanded universe events, such as Obi-Wan's rescue of the Queen (who, unbeknownst to Obi-Wan, was in fact Sabé in disguise) from Tusken Raiders. Many of these events have yet to appear elsewhere.
Chapter 1: Coruscant and the Black HethEdit
Shadows of CoruscantEdit
- Liberate the transport from the Black Heth
Saber Arena: Training DroidEdit
Defeat the Jedi Training Droid in the Jedi Training Arena.
- Defeat the Training Droid
The Coruscant Guard have placed an informant inside of the Black Heth Operation. Unfortunately, he was discovered and will so be killed. You must save him!
- Infiltrate the lower levels without setting off the alarm
- Locate the informant and free him from his thug captors
Secrets of the Black HethEdit
The Black Heth are receiving shipments of sophisticated weaponry from an unknown source. Observe their rendezvous and find out exactly who these arm dealers are.
- Defeat this new threat
- Place a tracker on the ship
Saber Arena: Saesee TiinEdit
Defeat Saesee Tiin in the Jedi Training Arena.
- Defeat Saesee Tiin
The Jin'ha SwampEdit
- Locate the Jedi Masters Plo Koon and Eeth Koth
Master Qui-Gon has gone off alone to locate the other Jedi. You must infiltrate the mines to collect evidence of the Jin'ha operation.
- Infiltrate the mines
The entire Jin'ha camp has been alerted to your presence. You must get out of the mine with the evidence and rendezvous with Master Qui-Gon.
- Escape from the mine
Chapter 3: The Trade FederationEdit
Saber Arena: Plo KoonEdit
Defeat Plo Koon in the Jedi Training Arena.
- Defeat Plo Koon
- Find a way to the command deck and confront the Neimoidians
You've made it safely to one of the invasion ships. You must reach the surface and disembark before the craft reaches its final destination.
- Disrupt communications to the Droid Control Ship by destroying the communication conduits
- Power down the atmospheric turbine engines
City Under SiegeEdit
- Get into the Queen's palace
Within the PalaceEdit
You have yet to reach the Queen but have emerged somewhere in the bowels of the palace. You must use all of your resources to make it to the throne room.
- Work with the palace servant to reach the throne room
A Queen in PerilEdit
The Queen has been captured and will surely be forced to sign the treaty. You must save her and bring her back to Coruscant.
- Intercept the Queen and her captors and free her
Chapter 4: TatooineEdit
Rescue on TatooineEdit
- Locate the Queen in the Tusken Raiders' village
The Tusken ChiefEdit
The Queen is being held in a derelict craft that the Tusken Raiders use for shelter. You must rescue her!
- Defeat the Tusken War Chief and save the Queen
Chapter 5: TheedEdit
Saber Arena: Mace WinduEdit
Defeat Mace Windu in the Jedi Saber Arena.
- Defeat Mace Windu
Captives of the FederationEdit
After arriving on Naboo, a complex plan is put into motion. Work with the Naboo resistance to launch an attack on the Federation Droid Ship.
- Sneak into the Detention Area
- Escort the starfighter pilots to safety
The pilots have been freed, but they cannot take off because of a large turbolaser cannon positioned just outside of the hangar. The cannon must be disabled.
- Locate and disable the turbolaser cannon
- Knock out the six power cells that control the door
- Defend the hangar from the Trade Federation forces
You and Master Qui-Gon have fought bravely, but you're separated from the melee. And now, you can only watch.
- Defeat the evil Sith Lord Darth Maul
By either completing all of the missions (including the bonus Saber Arena matches) or entering "greytherat" as your profile name, you can unlock Battle Royale. You have to defeat all the other members of the Jedi Council in a lightsaber free-for-all match.
- Defeat all the Jedi Masters.
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Cheat codes/Easter eggsEdit
To unlock all levels, including the bonus levels, use greytherat as the player name. It also has Battle Royale, a secret bonus level.
M1A2U3L4!? activates all levels up to Darth Maul's level - and allows you to view the ending clips and receive a 'bonus' mission: Battle Royale officially
There is an Easter egg at the end of the credits after completing the game for the first time which parodies, line for line, a quote from the movie "Trainspotting". Obi-Wan's voice says the following:
- ...Choose Watto, Tatooine and Alderaan. Choose fixed interest credit payments to Sebulba. Choose a Corellian freighter that did the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. Choose a Wookiee. Choose sitting in Jabba's throne room watching mind-numbing dancers stuffing green chirbas into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, disappearing into thin air. Nothing more than an embarrassment to the whiny kid you trained on the way to Alderaan. Choose your destiny. Choose the Force...But why would I want to do that? I choose not to choose the dark side. I choose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got a lightsaber.
Then an activating lightsaber is heard and the game returns to the main menu. Unfortunately you can not see this Easter egg again when you go back and re-play the final level.
In the game the Quarren informant is said to be working for the Coruscant Guard. However, due to the its timeline placement, the game may have been referring to the Senate Guard. This is yet to be confirmed by a licensed source. If the player allows an alarm to be sounded, the Black Heth will execute him.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ (Cancelled)
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/star-wars-obi-wan/reviews/star-wars-obi-wan-review-2836797/ Gamespot review
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117951/quotes?qt=qt0335530 Trainspotting quote on IMDB