Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike is the third entry in the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron video game series, released in 2003 exclusively for the Nintendo GameCube, developed by Factor 5 and published by LucasArts. It is currently a Player's Choice title.
The game is divided into two campaigns, Wedge Antilles's and Luke Skywalker's, plus a Battle of Endor campaign where the player takes control of Luke, Arvel Crynyd, and Chewbacca. It also has the campaign of the previous game in multiplayer co-op mode and various VS modes.
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike is a space-combat simulator, like the other entries in the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron. For the first time in the series, it is possible to play missions on foot or in a ground vehicle.
During the Galactic Civil War, the ace pilots of Rogue Squadron fought in numerous battles, from the early Battle of Yavin to the climatic Battle of Endor. Led by Luke Skywalker and Wedge Antilles, the squadron proved instrumental in the war.
Luke Skywalker led Rogue Squadron in numerous battles, from rescuing defectors to fighting on the icy plains of Hoth. After Skywalker left to become a Jedi Knight, Antilles took over the command of the squadron and led them on several secret missions.
- Tatooine Training
- Revenge of the Empire
- Defiance on Dantooine
- Defenders of Ralltiir
- Extraction from Ralltiir
- Battlefield Hoth
- Trials of a Jedi
- Sarlacc Pit (Battle of the Great Pit of Carkoon)
- Raid at Bakura
- Relics of Geonosis
- Deception at Destrillion
- Guns of Dubrillion
- Fondor Shipyard Assault
- Speeder Bike Pursuit
- Triumph of the Rebellion
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
There are five different multiplayer game types; they are Dogfight, Rampage, Tag and Defend, Special, and co-op
- Dogfight is a simple 1 on 1 battle in the spacecraft of your choice.
- Rampage involves players getting points via destroying things.
- Tag and Defend is the most complicated. Players must control certain buildings. You generate 1 point per 15 seconds per building you control. Buildings you control automatically begin building defenses. You can capture enemy buildings by destroying them. Whoever reaches the point limit first wins.
- Special is composed of races through well known Star Wars locales and and a version of Rampage but with ground vehicles.
- Co-op is a campaign style of play. Most of the co-op levels are single player levels from Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, with minor changes.
The three arcade games based on the original trilogy are included as bonuses. Star Wars is unlocked after finishing "Death Star Rescue", The Empire Strikes Back after "Triumph of the Rebellion" and Return of the Jedi is only available through a cheat code (specifically, "!?ATH!RD GAME?YES").
After the player beats the game, the unlockable special feature The Making of Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike can be opened.
- Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike on Wikipedia
- GameSpot's review of Rebel Strike: 7.8 (Good)