|Star Wars: The Card Game|
Star Wars: The Card Game is a cooperative "Living Card Game" released by Fantasy Flight Games on December 20, 2012. The game allows for one to four players—with the core set allowing for two possible decks to be made. Players are in command of a Rebel strike force/mission team, and compete against an Imperial deck that functions "with a devious artificial intelligence." Players launch fleets of starships and manipulate notable characters from the Star Wars universe against the Empire. By working together, players can fend off Imperial assaults and complete missions to win the game. The proposed game is reported to include many characters, starships, missions, and enemies from the Star Wars universe.
Due to the reaction of demonstrations of the game at Gen Con 2011, the Star Wars: The Card Game LCG was removed from its scheduled distribution to undergo a major redesign. It was released on December 20, 2012.
Editions and ExpansionsEdit
The Hoth CycleEdit
- Star Wars: The Card Game - The Desolation of Hoth
- Star Wars: The Card Game - The Search for Skywalker
- Star Wars: The Card Game - A Dark Time
- Star Wars: The Card Game - Assault on Echo Base
- Star Wars: The Card Game - The Battle of Hoth
- Star Wars: The Card Game - Escape from Hoth
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away…—Announcing Star Wars: The Card Game, a cooperative LCG"
- ↑ "Use The Force—Announcing upcoming titles set in the Star Wars (TM) universe"
- ↑ "An Update on Star Wars: The Card Game—Important information regarding the upcoming Living Card Game"
- ↑ "You May Fire When Ready—STAR WARS (TM): The Card Game Is Now Available"