Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Star Wars: The National Public Radio Dramatization contains the original, unabridged script of the radio adaptation of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. It also includes an introduction written by Brian Daley which recounts the production of the radio play.
The events of Star Wars are known and loved by millions, but have you ever wondered—
- How did Princess Leia and the Rebels get the plans for the Death Star?
- Just what was so dangerous about Beggar's Canyon?
- What compelled Princess Leia, of the peaceful planet of Alderaan, to join the Rebellion?
- How did Artoo-Detoo and See-Threepio evade Imperial stormtroopers while Luke Skywalker and Ben Kenobi were in the Mos Eisley cantina?
- What kept money-hungry Han Solo from double-crossing Luke and Ben?
- How did Leia withstand Darth Vader's hideous torture method?
- What were Grand Moff Tarkin's secret plans for the Death Star?
In the original radio dramatization script, you'll find the answers to these questions and many others—as you discover new scenes and facts and relive the excitement of the original Star Wars adventure.
But there's also another adventure: the story of the dramatization itself. A behind-the-scenes introduction by the script's author, Brian Daley, will take you into the recording studio with Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and others—where weeks of creative give-and-take and intense on-the-spot rewriting produced the Star Wars dramatization heard by thousands. This original script, with dialogue never heard on the air, is the missing chapter in the history of a tale that began a long time ago, in a galaxy, far, far away…